Monday, July 14, 2008

I Recruit Myself

I ("Ahmed Singh") sent the following message to myself (at another email address).

Hi Steve,

I'm writing to ask you to join the McCain Team and show your support for John McCain for President. As a Muslim for McCain, I can vouch for Senator McCain's commitment to building a bridge of friendship between various faiths and beliefs, not just in America but world-wide.

I know that you're a Baptist, not a Muslim, Steve, but I hope you'll realize that for our world to survive in these troubled times, we must reach out to those of different faiths. While Senator is tough on terrorism, he understands that not all Muslims are terrorists, and that building a bridge of friendship will help not only our nation but our world.


The McCain website made easy work of sending emails to recruit friends, and even lets you import your Outlook address book.

They responded (automatically of course):



Thank You for Telling Your Friends About John McCain

Thank you for showing your support for John McCain. The stakes are high this election, so be sure to do all you can to make sure that John McCain is our next President. You can take an active role by:

Making a Contribution
Help provide us with the resources needed to win this campaign.

Volunteering
We need you to make the difference . If you have the passion, you can truly have an impact on this election.

Spread the Word
In a few moments, you can be doing your part to show your support for John McCain across the web.


And great news! My personalized message panel at the right of the McCain site layout shows 1 recruit point for having sent the email.

In the next post, I describe the complete email sent by "Ahmed" and the McCain site, as well as the results of joining with my second identity.

No comments: